Wednesday, August 1, 2012

That's how God made me...

Sometimes I wonder all about me,
just how I came to be what I see.
Why do I love the unloveable,
and believe in the unbelievable?

I'm realizing and accepting that's how God made me.

Why am I sometimes misunderstood,
when the intent of my heart has always been to do good?
Why do I cry so much and feel others pain?
Why do I look for the sunshine even in the rain?

I'm realizing and accepting that's how God made me.

Why do I hum and rock and have music in my head?
How have I pushed through all of the pain and the dread?
Why do I love laughing, giving, loving and learning
when there's been so much disappointment, sadness and yearning?

I'm realizing and accepting that's how God made me.

Why do I like musicals, love stories, Christmas and snow?
Why do I want others to feel the love of this Jesus I know?
Why am I a hopeless romantic that still believes in true love?
It has to be because of my heavenly Father above.

Written July 31, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment