Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm Coming Out

Diana Ross wrote the hit song, "I'm Coming Out" in 1980.  I was nine years old at the time but I really liked the song.  The first verse says, "There's a new me coming out and I just have to live and I just wanna give, I'm completely positive.  I think this time around  I am gonna do it, like you never knew it oh, I'll make it through.  The time has come for me to break out of this shell. I have to shout that I am coming out!"

In 2006, at age 35,  I made this my theme song.  It helped me as I was making hard life changes that people didn't expect from me. I acknowledged God and sought Him for answers.  When He released my answer, I talked to Him the more.  I told Him people are not going to understand.  I then heard so clearly, "To thine own self be true."  I knew then that He understood.  I didn't wrestle any more. I was ready to come out of my shell, no matter what the cost.

Now 6 years later, there's another level of coming out.  This time it's God pulling me out.  When I want to stay in the background, He's saying come out.  Where I'm used to being quiet, He's saying open your mouth. It's been closed long enough.

God is once again bringing His people up and out! No longer does He want us to stay in the background. We are the head and not the tail. There are many who have never been introduced to our loving God. God wants to introduce them through us.

People are looking for something real and different.  God is making ways for us to model that difference.  He's placing us in areanas in which we can be the light that guides people to Him.  God is supernaturally shifting us into government, businesses, entertainment fields, institutions of learning, sports and much more.  Yield to the new level of coming out.  It can be mind blowing.  You may even ask, "God, are you sure?"  Yes, He is very sure. It's for His glory.  If we don't come out, others will remain stuck. 

I'm coming out!  What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post and the honesty shared. Isn't it amazing how one song can make a difference in someone's life? I could hear the song so clearly as I read your blog and began thinking where I was 1980. I was a senior in high school. Interestingly, I was telling my youngest daughter yesterday how much I enjoyed my high school years. I was on my way to coming out of high school. Reflecting helped me to realize life is full of many coming out moments. Someone needs to hear what you have to say, continue coming out.

    ReplyDelete